Friday, October 22, 2004

Journey 109 - Shape Shift 1

10/22/04: A Journey (several, actually) to begin my training in Shape-Shifting, the ability to change oneself into another Creature spiritually..and eventaully physically. The first Journey I took turned out to be one of my biggest flops, if not the biggest. I went straight into it assuming I knew what I was doing and just immediately shape-shifted myself into a Hawk. I then forced myself to fly over 10 miles to land and watch my wife at her work, but virtually all the images were emanating out of a forced consciousness..one can always tell when one is producing the imagery out of the conscious mind versus accepting it from the Spirit World. Therefore, they were broken, confused and contradictory. I knew almost from the start that this was not imagery from the Spirit Camp, but merely me trying to make the pieces fit to make it like a Journey. When I returned, I immediately decided I had violated the rules, so to speak, by arrogantly not asking my Helpers how to do it correctly.

So later in the day I took a second Journey, this time going with the intention of being trained HOW to Shape-shift, not necessarily to do it. Quite humbling, but we must remember to walk before running, and to seek the advice of the experts. So this next Journey began in Outer Space. All around were Stars, of course. Directly ahead of me was a very black Tree shape, trunk and large branches only, standing out even darker against the blackness of Space. Owl was waiting for me there. I went up to sit with him. He pulled in very close to me and had me look into his eyes, at which point the background of Space went into a very fast whirl, causing a beige background with multicolored streaks, like a rainbow mist, behind Owl. As I looked into his Eyes, I could see a second Universe, in which the each Star’s light was elongating horizontally and vertically into thin shafts. At this point I sort of rebelled and asked Owl what this could possibly have to do with anything. Suddenly, we were back in the original scene, with black and stars, and Owl in the Tree, as if he were angry with me and ending the lesson. Suddenly, Owl threw me backwards away from him, and I found myself falling through the atmosphere toward the Earth. I realized I had been given this challenge. Either Shape-shift into a Winged One..or hit the ground! So I concentrated with all my might, saying to myself repeatedly, “I am a Hawk, I am a Hawk..”, and just before hitting the ground turned into one! I quickly flew back up through the Sky and into Space to be with Owl again. He then taught me the secret of Shape-Shifting. Each Creation begins as a Thought in the Mind of the Great Mystery before manifesting physically, reminding me of what I had learned in my readings. So one must tap into the Spirit Blueprint of the Hawk, for example, and assume it for one’s own in order to become that Hawk! Owl then had me move up into my own Crown Chakra to look for old patterns there, of things I had been at one time or another. Sure enough, I saw a Hawk Pattern glistening there. I melded with it, and found myself hovering above a Tree in a forest. It was a bright day, the leaves were green..and suddenly I saw a Mouse moving in a clearing below. I found myself soar down to grab the Mouse in my Talons. Even as Mouse was dying, I could see the same elongated light streaks in its eyes..we are all part of this great pattern of creation, and Mouse’s death was merely the retiring of one of his Chakra patterns..and he would soon move right on to the next one in his Spiritual evolution. His gift of food to me was also a gift of new life to him..death didn’t really enter into it. We were communicating through our eyes. I then returned to my Crown Chakra and moved down the line of Patterns..and sure enough, there was the “me” I am in this Earth Walk. I re-activated both my human form and the Hawk pattern, and internalized both into my Being. So now I am both Human Being, and on a slightly different level, Hawk as well. What struck me most concerning my time as a Hawk is how simple existence is..uncluttered awareness of what is going on NOW..no worries, no plans, no regrets. Just living in total balance as planned by the Great Spirit. It was a wonderful feeling, and one we should all try to get back to in our Earth Walks..exactly what a Shamanic Journey is for. Having Hawk as part of my physical being now will make me more able to “fly”..and eventually to Shape-Shift in the service of my brothers and sisters.

No comments: